The Field Mechanic will be responsible to inspect, service, and maintain our range of heavy-duty machinery equipment. Will be driving to the job site, inspecting engines and equipment, carrying out services, conducting repairs, and providing routine maintenance to the construction fleet.
- Inspecting excavator, grapples, shears, bobcats, forklift, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Cleaning and servicing of machine attachments like winches, blades, and side booms.
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
- Conduct regular maintenance on machinery, systems, and automotive vehicles.
- Meet with clients to better understand their concerns and identify the issue.
- Assemble mechanical components according to specifications.
- Examine machines and oversee diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
- Design a plan of action for all maintenance tasks and upgrades.
- Maintain work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
- Monitor inventory and order new parts when necessary.
- Offer consultation on maintenance and preventative procedures to machine and vehicle users.
- Perform vehicle assessments and alert clients on issues that will prohibit their vehicles from passing inspection.
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Prolonged periods of walking and standing.
- Must be able to lift up, push and pull to 40 pounds at a time.
- Consistently climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches.
- Consistently turning and moving of hands, arms, feet, and legs.
- 5-10 years of experience preferred.
- Must have experience with troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic systems, repairing hydraulic cylinders, fabricating, and welding with metal, troubleshooting, and repairing 12- and 24-volts electrical systems.
- Mon – Fri – 6:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- Access to Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Plan Plus Company Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive Wages
- Opportunities For Advancement