The Welder is responsible to cut and join metal objects to the appropriate dimensions, specified by blueprints, layout, or oral instructions. Perform general maintenance and upkeep of equipment’s and yard property to ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Knowledge of flux core wire and stick welding.
- Hand sort scrap metal material weighing 5-40 lbs.
- Shredding Buildup and repair.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded.
- Aligns components using rulers, clamps pieces and jigs.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Removes inspects finished workpiece.
- Complete mandatory weekly/monthly or as needed, safety trainings via computer in an office environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Prolonged periods of walking and standing.
- Extended periods of reaching with hands and arms.
- Consistently reaches above shoulders.
- Consistently turning and moving of hands, arms, feet and legs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at a time.
- Consistently sits, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches.
- High school diploma
- At least 2 years of Flux Core Wire Stick Welding experience
- Mon – Fri 2:30 – 11:00 p.m. Sat 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Access to Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Plan Plus Company Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive Wages
- Opportunities For Advancement